Another day of rough grit sanding completed. Other than a few troublesome areas, I believe I'm down to fine grit sanding, as well as one more circuit of the trailer to find any additional loose paint patches I missed on the first round (I've spotted several while sanding down the Bondo). I'm optimistically hoping to paint next week. I've decided against additional Bondo on the interior- I still have the exterior to seal, for starters. Beyond that, I've just come to terms with the fact that this is a very old trailer, and the original idea was just to get the rust off and get it painted white so it doesn't look so hideous. I'm not going to spend my entire life trying to perfect the seams. Once it's painted up, nobody will really notice anyway. A few dips and dings will just give it character.
Going to be busy all weekend I think, so probably Monday or Tuesday will be my final run of sanding, and then I'll get ahold of some primer and slap that on to dry. Next paycheck I'll get the cushions and butt bumpers ordered. I think I'm going to go ahead and replace the butt chain itself, the chain is old and ugly and I want to look at securing it to the center post or divider somehow, and having the sides detach individually instead of from the center. (That probably makes no sense, but I'll post pics.)
And so... we forge on.
No comments:
Post a Comment