The front vertical bar makes a great anchor, but if we tried to attach it straight in front, it would have to attach the door. And then how would we open and close the door? Just not a good plan.
So tonight I had a breakthrough. Not ONE, straight divider, but TWO, angled dividers!
Right about where the back of that cardboard piece is, there is a steel ring welded into the trailer frame where we tie off the lead ropes. It should be no issue at all to run a divider piece of some kind from the center pole to the rings on either side. They would not be able to be totally immovable, of course (as we'd then have to duck around them during loading), so the design would need to allow for easy opening on one end or the other. But this would allow something (I'm debating between foam-wrapped PVC (to make it nice and bulky) or simply a stretch of hay netting (to cover more vertical distance). I only have a few hours in the morning to experiment with this, but I'm going to give it a shot! I may not be able to design anything that two very aggressive animals couldn't fight through if they really wanted, but it SHOULD be enough to keep two horses that are simply a bit irritable on their own side of the trailer. That and a full hay rack "ought" to be enough for most trips.
Pics of the experiment to follow tomorrow!


No comments:
Post a Comment