Well, after doing a whole lot of nothing for the past few months, I've finally managed to get something done with the trailer. My dad helped me bolt in the new plywood sheets, so the walls are nice and blemish-free. I'm hoping to get a coat of deck stain on it this week, and I'm ordering the new pads today, so hopefully I'll be able to get those in in the next week or so, depending on how fast they arrive.
The divider is still a problem, the wooden one was destroyed and I'm not a huge fan of the temporary PVC contraption. I talked to a couple welders, but they want about $350 to make something for me, and that's just too much. I need to put money towards a new set of tires as soon as possible, that takes precedence over dividers. Going to keep looking and see what I can find though.
At some point we're going to tackle the wiring, and hopefully someday I'll get the paint done.
The mats are pulled out in this photo because I scrubbed them like crazy with hot water and deodorizer, and from now on I'm keeping shavings in the trailer at all times. The mats just get too gross otherwise. I'm also flipping them over- one side has deep ridges, the other side has a much shallower honeycomb pattern that would be so much easier to clean, but I think it still has enough texture to help the horses grip as they're walking on.
Wish I was further along, but, at least I'm still moving forward!

No comments:
Post a Comment