Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Sanding Progress & Unexpected Renovations

Spent another day and got most of the interior rough sanded.  I'd like to get back in for one more day and get everything as smooth and bare as I can manage before I start in with the Bondo.  Meanwhile, Major decided to add his own special touch to the trailer renovations.

So here's the nose of the trailer after I finished my second round of sanding.



  Just as a reminder, here was the before shot:


A great deal of the metal surface is now down to at least primer, with much bare metal starting to show through.  So that's great.  Meanwhile, here's the image AFTER Major's "contributions":



If you can't see it right away, try scrolling back up.  Find it?  Yes, the majority of the wooden shelf in the nose is now missing.  Major decided to yank it out when I tied him to the rings attached to it.  I suppose in the end, it's probably better- I couldn't sand behind the shelf and it was probably housing spiders.  Also it took up head room, and we all know my gigantic horse needs lots of headroom.  So, no shelf it is apparently.  Now there's another section of black paint I need to attack with the sander.  I'll do that section when I go back to touch up the rest, and then I'll get to work on my patching.  

Sigh.  


No comments:

Post a Comment